As seen on the Sydney Morning Herald, ABC Radio, and Channel 7's Weekend Sunrise.
This is a bundle of two books:
1) 2020 HSC and Beyond
2) 2019 HSC Edition
Both books are fully written by HSC State ranking students.
2019 HSC Edition is an Amazon education #1 best-seller.
2020 HSC and Beyond
Catch Up With Top Achievers: 2020 HSC and Beyond is a collection of articles written by the best performing HSC students in the State - HSC State Rankers. In our study guide, each author outlines their unique and results-driven study strategies. They also provide specific advice towards succeeding in their area of expertise. The practical study methods presented in this book are by no means conventional. Instead, they reflect the reality of what it is to be a student in 2020, and how to best succeed in the HSC whilst still maintaining a sense of balance.
In it, we answer many key questions faced by students and parents, such as:
WHAT were their strategies for success?
HOW did they cope with the stress?
WHY did they work so hard?
Everything in this book is up to date with the NEW NESA HSC Syllabus. We have also added a Subject Cheat Sheet at the end of each chapter.
Many of these students were not top achievers before Year 12, and do not represent an unattainable level of work ethic or intelligence.
2020 HSC and Beyond's contributors include:
- Jesse Caminer – 1st in NSW for English Advanced and Extension Two
- Adam Gottschalk – 1st in NSW for Biology
- Lachlan Tran – 1st in NSW for Geography
- Emma Scroope – 1st in NSW for PDHPE
- Finn Vercoe and – 1st in NSW for Standard Mathematics
- Wenquan Lu - 1st for physics
- Zair Ahmed – 2nd in NSW for Legal Studies
- Adam Robey – 2nd in NSW for Engineering Studies
- Seohyeong Lim – 3rd in NSW for Modern History
- Patrick Nah – 3rd in NSW for Economics
- Sophie Howard – 4th in NSW for Ancient History
- Nicholas Fakira – 4th in NSW for Science Extension
- Tallulah-Rose Adams - 4th in NSW for Standard Mathematics
- Lara Hather – 5th in NSW for Society and Culture
- Julia Lo Russo and Christopher Farag – 5th and 6th in NSW for Studies of Religion
- John Wang – 8th in NSW for Economics
- Daniel Monteiro - 8th in NSW for Physics
- Matthew Drielsma – 9th in NSW for Earth and Environmental Science
- Sarah Kanuk - IB Top Achiever, Cornell University.
2019 HSC Edition
"You don't need to start taking things seriously until you are in Year 12."
We think differently.
Catch Up with Top-Achievers: 2019 HSC edition is a new type of study guide designed for high school students, teachers and parents.
Catch Up with Top-Achievers: 2019 HSC edition is composed of a series of articles written by past HSC Top-Achievers. They explain their unique approach to their studies with the aim to enlighten and set students on the right path to be better.
Unlike many other study guides, which aim to teach the contents of the syllabuses of each subject, the aim of Catch Up with Top-Achievers:2019 HSC edition is to educate students on the processes of studying/learning.
Instead of teaching students the contents (specific syllabus points) of a specific subject, the Top-Achievers will explain their general approaches to studying different subjects as well as interpersonal skills. The aim of this book is to encourage the readers to choose and experiment different study strategies and eventually create their own way of studying and reach their maximum potential when performing in the HSC.
Each Top-Achiever will:
1. Share key strategies to achieving great HSC results
2. Debunk common myths when it comes to studying
3. Provide you with personal study skills tips (i.e. Time Management)
4. Guide you to answer common exam questions
Most importantly, you will learn from those Top-Achievers directly.
These tips will not only help you to achieve better HSC results, and they will set you onto the right paths to become a life-long learner.
It's time to take control of your academic life.
Chapters written by HSC Top-Achievers in 'Catch Up With Top-Achievers: 2019 HSC Edition'
- The key to successful Biological study. By Alexandra Christopoulos 9th in NSW for Biology
- Business studies and General tips from First in the State. By Tim Yang 1st in NSW for Business Studies
- Physics: Is there are dream too big? By Jesse Wright 7th in NSW for Physics
- Modern History. By Zoe Zhang 1st NSW for Modern History
- Becoming a Drama Queen. By Drew Ireland-Shead 2nd in NSW for Drama
- Success with Economics. By John Bivell 1st in NSW for Economics.
- Be a Top-Achiever in Geography and Chemistry. By Eleanor Lawton-Wade 3rd in Geography and 7th in Chemistry
- How to put the Study in Legal Studies. By Jenny Wang 4th in Legal Studies
- Surviving and Conquering HSC General Mathematics. By Lucinda Krek 1st in General Mathematics and 3rd in PDHPE
- How to Ace Music 1. By Varun Mahadevan 2nd in Music 1
- Major Keys to Music Success. By Belinda Thomas 3rd in Music 2
- PDHPE and Earth and Environmental Science. By Lucy Stevenson 1st in PDHPE and 2nd in Earth and Environmental Science
Great book on top performers
Debo - Verified reviewer from Booktopia
Overall, I really liked the book, underlined the various strategies on what the top performers did to master each subject and will use the same when helping my daughter with her school lessons.
Please find a summary of the pros and cons (which is solely my opinion only)
Pros for this book
+ Great content
+ In depth discussion for each subject
+ Lots of practical tips to masters of these subjects
+ Must read for any HSC aspirant, but also good for students in their senior school areas
+ Great editing done by the young authors
Cons for this book
- However, I would recommend a cheat-sheet for each subject could be glanced in one go for easy revision
Very helpful for high school students
Tree Fang - Verified reviewer from Booktopia